The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
1 John 5

My Favorites

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Protector

In times of ease and in times of pain
The Lord asks that we turn to Him and not be ashamed
No sin is unforgivable or too much for Him to hear
He is waiting to forgive you you are within His care
Go to Him with your heart honest and open wide
Speak to Him with humility relinquish all that you try to hide
He already knows all that lies within
He is trying to pass through the walls that keep in your sins
His heart is full of mercy enough to lift you up out of this place
To pull you through the darkness into the light of His grace
Hold onto to His pure love and never let Him go
He will be beside you gently helping you to grow
There will never be a time when He has left your side
Even if you run from Him He knows where you try to hide
Sometimes He is silent deep within your soul
Trying to quietly guide you to do what you already know
His presence as a teacher a father to us all
Our almighty God and protector to forgive us when we may fall





Psalm 91:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a] 2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." 3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. 9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge- 10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christian Poetry Club
Ring Owner: Phyllis D. Jolliff Site: DreamPoet
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com
God Pictures, Images and Photos

shine