The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
1 John 5

My Favorites

Monday, August 15, 2011

Strength



Come to me my Lord; grace me with your strength
For the days they become long and in the nights darkness you are my only defense
The fear that surrounds and encamps itself about my soul
Seeking to break me in the moment I lose hope
Always waiting for me to let go
Just scavengers searching and seeking from the depths they have come
They hunt for the weak but this battle you have already won
The glory of your peace to calm and slay the doubts that seem to grow
For within my heart your presence grants a strength that is not my own
Though fires have tried and burned through my heart I will not forsake your name
In the omnipotence of your presence I shout out in faith I do proclaim
That Jesus is my Lord, my King, the rock and foundation of my faith
I place his armor upon my soul and walk freely by his grace
I put on the belt of truth and with the helmet of salvation I make ready my soul
His word becomes my sword to slay the taunting doubts that seek to destroy my hope
Standing firm in his righteousness, my shield of faith I hold
And though at times I may falter and fall to the ground in pain
He is always there to help me back up whenever I call out His name
Jesus is my strength, my shepherd, my rock and my heavenly King
The foundation upon which I place my soul, my strength in everything



Each moment of our lives brings new blessings and each day new life. And there are the hard times, in those trials we allow our pain to blind us, but who are we to try and understand God’s ways. We can’t they are too big for us each and every moment is a gift for us to cherish and be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christian Poetry Club
Ring Owner: Phyllis D. Jolliff Site: DreamPoet
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com
God Pictures, Images and Photos

shine